As Ohio's largest and most experienced Catholic bookstore, we've noticed that during First Communion season, many of our customers look for a First Communion Gift Set that is a "step above" the pre-assembled sets made available in many Catholic stores.
With this in mind, we have assembled a First Communion Gift Set unlike any other. Featuring all high-quality items, most MADE IN THE USA, this set has the items that a young person needs to begin living a fully active, Catholic life and to actively participate in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, not just on the day of their First Holy Communion, but for years to come.
Entirely brand new and available exclusively through Generations, this set includes:
- The Blessed Trinity Missal: A beautiful, quality hand missal, completely updated to the Third Typical Edition of the Roman Missal (the "new" Mass), this Missal features FULL COLOR illustrations by Fratelli Bonella (makers of Catholic holy cards) in Milan, Italy. Unlike many First Communion Missals, this Missal has the full text of the Mass (including all four Eucharistic prayers!) as well as many prayers (before & after Mass, the Rosary, Stations of the Cross, Divine Mercy Chaplet, St. Joseph, Angels & Saints, and more), catechesis on basic tenants of the faith, and much more. Practical and beautiful, with a leatherette padded cover and gold-edged pages. This is a Missal an adult could use and receive many benefits from!
- Rosary: Made in the United States by McVan, Inc, this beautiful Rosary features 5mm glass beads, a hand-finished pewter crucifix and center, a First Communion host & chalice medallion, and comes in a padded leatherette keepsake/display box. This Rosary will last for years, even with daily use, and comes with a Lifetime Warranty!
- Scapular: Made in the United States by Rose Scapular Co, this scapular is made of 100% wool and conforms to all requirements for a true, authentic Catholic Scapular. Measuring 1.25 x 1 inches on the pads with 11 inches in between, this Scapular is the perfect size for a young person and does NOT come with a little plastic cover (which is often the sign of a low-quality scapular) and includes a silver oxide crucifix and St. Benedict medal attached. This is the highest quality, most durable Catholic scapular available on the market today!
- The Holy Mass Crucifix Pendant: Made in the USA and part of an exciting Apostolate, the first of its kind in the history of the Church, this 2 inch Holy Mass rhodium crucifix pendant is meant to remind the wearer of Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross, His Passion, Death and Resurrection, made present at each and every Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, which has a special significance to a young person receiving their First Holy Communion. This crucifix has the apostolic blessing of three popes (PP. Benedict XIV, Benedict XVI, & Francis) invoked upon it, and includes a St. Benedict medal molded on the reverse and an adjustable leather cord. Find out more here: holymasscrucifix.com
- "My Rosary" case: A quality pouch, 3 x 3 inches in size, made from leatherette, with a snap closure, gold-stamped "My Rosary" on the front, and an inside lining, perfect for carrying a First Communion Rosary in a pocket or purse, encouraging daily use.
- First Holy Communion Holy Card: A laminated Bonella holy card with a gold-gilt image of Christ and a first communicant on the front, and the venerable "Communion Prayer" on the back. 2.5 x 4.5 inches.
- Monstrance Lapel Pin: A gold and enameled 1.5 inch lapel pin, made in the United States, comes carded.
- First Communion Gift Bag: Made from strong laminated paper with a full color Fratelli Bonella image front & back, ribbon handles, note card, and tissue paper included. 7.5 x 4 x 10 inches, holds all the items in the kit, with space for additional gifts as well!
Consider this set a "Catholic starter kit" to encourage a young person to live their Catholic life to the fullest each and every day. With this many high-quality and durable items, this Gift Set can be seen as an investment in a young Catholic's life that will endure and provide important tools they will need to fully participate in the Mass AND live their faith in the midst of our present culture